While I was in the mood to make changes I took a look at some stocks that profited pretty well in my Low Yield Portfolio and decided to take those profits and put the money into some higher yielding stocks.
Here are the stocks where I took profits:
- Archer-Daniels-Midland (ADM)
- Albemarle (ALB)
- Artesian Resources (ARTNA)
- Caterpillar (CAT)
- Fastenal (FAST)
- Genuine Parts Company (GPC)
- Microsoft (MSFT)
The profits from the sale of the above was split evenly among the following five new stocks I added to that portfolio. They are:
- Physicians Realty Trust (DOC)
- Enbridge (ENB)
- National Retail Properties (NNN)
- Philip Morris International (PM)
- United Health REIT (UNH)
The changes didn’t raise the yield in that portfolio too much. It went from 3.49% to 3.71%. It did help to diversify the portfolio and hopefully make it safer throughout any future stock market shocks.