TC Energy, a company that develops and operates energy infrastructure, announced that it plans to spin off its Liquids Pipelines business into a separate company. The decision was made after a two-year strategic review and is expected to be completed in the second half of 2024. The spinoff will create two independent, investment-grade, publicly listed companies that will focus on their own growth objectives and operational excellence. TC Energy will become a diversified natural gas and energy solutions company, while the Liquids Pipelines Company will be a critical infrastructure company that connects supply and demand markets for oil and other liquids. The spinoff will unlock shareholder value by providing both companies with more flexibility and efficiency. The spinoff will also enable both companies to contribute to the energy transition and security by providing reliable, lower-carbon energy sources. The spinoff is anticipated to be achieved on a tax-free basis for TC Energy shareholders.
- The spinoff will create two independent, investment-grade, publicly listed companies that will focus on their own growth objectives and operational excellence. This will allow investors to choose the company that best suits their risk and return preferences, as well as diversify their portfolio.
- The spinoff will unlock shareholder value by providing both companies with more flexibility and efficiency. TC Energy will be able to optimize its capital allocation and pursue opportunities in natural gas and energy solutions, while the Liquids Pipelines Company will be able to leverage its existing assets and expand its market access and customer base. Both companies will also benefit from lower costs of capital and improved financial metrics.
- The spinoff will also enable both companies to contribute to the energy transition and security by providing reliable, lower-carbon energy sources. TC Energy will continue to invest in renewable power generation, hydrogen production, carbon capture and storage, and other emerging technologies. The Liquids Pipelines Company will transport oil and other liquids that are essential for various industries and products, as well as support the development of low-carbon fuels. Both companies will also strive to reduce their environmental footprint and greenhouse gas emissions.
- The spinoff will create uncertainty and complexity for TC Energy shareholders, who will have to decide whether to hold or sell their shares in the new Liquids Pipelines Company. The spinoff will also require regulatory approvals, shareholder votes, and other conditions that could delay or prevent its completion.
- The spinoff will reduce TC Energy’s diversification and exposure to the liquids pipelines sector, which has been a stable and profitable source of cash flow for the company. The Liquids Pipelines Company will face competition from other pipeline operators, as well as environmental and social challenges that could affect its operations and growth prospects.
- The spinoff will also impact TC Energy’s credit profile and financial flexibility, as the company will lose access to the cash flow and assets of the Liquids Pipelines business. TC Energy will have to rely more on its natural gas and energy solutions segments, which are subject to market volatility and regulatory uncertainty. TC Energy may also have to incur additional debt or equity financing to fund its capital expenditures and dividend payments.
Podcasting 2.0 & Value4Value
This is a Podcasting 2.0 compatible podcast. This means if you’re listening to this podcast on a Podcasting 2.0 compatible app you’ll have access to transcripts, chapters, and chapter images that accompany each episode. Please go to podcastapps.com to download and support these independent apps and go to podcastindex.org to support Podcasting 2.0.
Use the apps below to directly support independent podcasters. It’s easier than you might think to stream fractions of bitcoins to this podcast or any other podcast that is compatible with the Value 4 Value model. This cuts out the need for advertising.
Or go to podcastapps.com to find an app that works for you.
What is Value4Value?
Value4Value streaming payments enables listeners to send Bitcoin micropayments to podcasters as they listen, in real-time. Go to valu4value.info for everything you need to know to begin directly supporting your favorite podcaster.
ChasingTheYield.com and Kevin Bae are not registered investment advisors, brokers or dealers. Kevin Bae may have positions in any financial instrument, product, or company mentioned on chasingtheyield.com or on the Chasing the Yield podcast. Information provided by chasingtheyield.com and the Chasing the Yield Podcast is provided for information and entertainment purposes only and are not intended as advice or a recommendation or an offer or solicitation for the purchase or sale of any security or financial instrument. All opinions are based upon sources believed to be accurate and are provided in good faith. No warranty, representation, or guarantee, expressed or implied, is made as to the accuracy of the information contained herein. Past performance is not an indicator of future results.
Please contact an investment professional if you have any questions regarding an investment.
For questions or comments contact me at email@example.com